Posted on April 1, 2010
The Nature Conservancy is taking a unique approach to their 2010 Earth Day campaign by providing simple things the average person can do to help protect the ocean. Their Top 5 Earth Day Actions (listed below) encourage protecting the ocean in ways ranging from shopping with reusable bags to adopting a coral reef, proving that little things like lifestyle choices can have a big impact on the health of our oceans.
Top 5 Earth Day Actions:
- Hundreds of thousands of marine animals die every year from ingesting plastic bags.
- You eat fish even when you don’t: 36% of world’s fisheries catch is used to feed farm animals.
- Plant native species – they require less fertilizer, which can seep into oceans!
- 70% of all Earth’s coral reefs will be destroyed by 2050, act now!
- See OCEANS (4/22-4/28) & a portion of ticket sales benefits Conservancy’s work on coral reefs