Chefs & Ocean Health
Chefs are the gatekeepers of the seafood industry. They command a unique influence over the purchase, trade and consumption of seafood.
Currently, an alarming number of the world’s fish species face an uncertain future due to overfishing, pollution, habitat destruction and other factors. We developed information to equip culinary students and chefs with the tools they need to understand these issues and source seafood responsibly.
By shifting toward more ocean-friendly seafood sourcing, chefs can improve the health of the ocean.
Follow these 5 easy steps to support ocean-health in your kitchens:
- Get started - take our free online course - Green Chefs/Blue Ocean
- Assess your menu – see Seafood Choices
- Make the switch – see Ocean Friendly Substitutes
- Stay in the know – subscribe to Blue Ocean’s blog
- Spread the word – follow us on Facebook & Twitter for frequent updates